[Paraview] Status of BoxLib AMR reader

Gallagher, Timothy P tim.gallagher at gatech.edu
Thu Aug 25 14:22:19 EDT 2016

Hi,

Our code is moving away from traditional structured grids towards an AMR capability using BoxLib. That means, unfortunately, that all of the development we have done to make our code Paraview and CoProcessing friendly is not usable with the BoxLib file format.

I have seen some information on various websites about using the VisitBridge to add the readers from Visit into Paraview, but when I build with it, the BoxLib reader was not included in the list of formats I could use for files -- even though it is listed online.

Does anybody know what the status is of the reader in PV and if it is usable? Or is there a different format we can try to write out from our code that would be usable? I really don't want to lose the work we've done with PV and I would rather spend time writing code to get things working again for PV than learn to use new software!

Thanks,

Tim