[Paraview] ParaView over the internet

Fa-Gung Fan fagung at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 18:02:43 EDT 2016

Hi Patrick,

Thank you.  I tried to server and client as you suggested.  On the cluster,
I launched the server pvserver, but got:
-bash-4.1$ ./pvserver
Waiting for client...
Connection URL: :11111
ERROR: In
/home/kitware/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/Common/vtkSocket.cxx,
line 206
vtkServerSocket (0x2a61fa0): Socket error in call to bind. Address already
in use.

ERROR: In
/home/kitware/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release/paraview/src/paraview/ParaViewCore/ClientServerCore/vtkTCPNetworkAccessManager.cxx,
line 343
vtkTCPNetworkAccessManager (0x2356670): Failed to set up server socket.

Exiting...

Is there a way around this?  Thanks.

- ffan