[Paraview] ImageData extent overlapping within MPI Catalyst pipeline

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Sat Aug 20 11:59:35 EDT 2016

Luigi,

For an image data distributed across multiple ranks with no ghost
cell, there still exists a single point overlap for the points. The
points along the shared boundary are expected to be duplicated among
ranks.  I am thinking your 3D regular grid should be mapped as
cell-data rather than point data. Thus when creating the image, try
setting the point extents as 1+cell-extents and then pass your data to
the cell data arrays rather than point data.

e.g.

int cell_exts[6] = { local domain exts };
int point_exts[6] = { cell_exts[0] , cell_exts[1] + 1,
                                cell_exts[2], cel_exts[3] + 1,
                                cell_exts[4], cel_exts[5] + 1};
vtkNew<vtkImageData> data;
data->SetExtent(point_exts);
data->GetCellData()->SetScalars(...<vtkDataArray subclass with 3d grid data> );

Utkarsh