[Paraview] Using SpatioTemporalParallelism plugin in ParaView

Krishna Pai krishnapai09 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 15:20:07 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I've been working with spatio-temporal data stored in an xdmf file. I found
that ParaView doesn't handle parallel processing of this file well, so I
thought I would use the SpatioTemporalParallelism plugin to partition the
data better. I chose the Parallel Image Data Writer to write to a .pvti
before using the plugin to export state. Once the python script was
generated, and I tried running it with pvbatch, I got the following error
message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./yoda.py", line 26, in <module>
    xdmf_test_v01xdmf = STP.CreateReader(XDMFReader,
fileinfo='/lustre/cmf/scratch/k/kpai/projects/NeptuneData_2015-07-28/xdmf_test_v01.xdmf')
TypeError: CreateReader() takes exactly 2 non-keyword arguments (1 given)

The file path above is to the xdmf file on a remote machine.
I'm not sure what other arguments need to be given, considering the script
was generated by ParaView (maybe I exported state incorrectly?). I would
appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Krishna Pai