[Paraview] PCL Plugin

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Jul 14 05:03:14 EDT 2015

Casey

I had a look at the PCL plugin and couldn’t help notice that you’ve copied some of my particle partition filtering code into the plugin, though it does not look functional as it’s not enabled in the cmake and does not include the relevant Zoltan sources or the vtkZoltanV1PartitionFilter base class.

The partitioning (both particle and mesh) have been refactored (from the pv-meshles plugin) into their own self contained plugin for some time now and it would be cleaner in my view to have an option in the PCL plugin to enable parallel partitioning and use the pv-zoltan plugin as a submodule where necessary
https://github.com/biddisco/pv-zoltan

(I tend to use GitExternal and SubProject cmake modules rather than a git submodule, I can send links if you’re interested).

The pv-zoltan code is currently under development (and is working with pv-4.4/master) to improve it as part of a GSOC project and should soon be compatible with zoltan2 rather than Zoltan. I can make sure a pv-4.4+zoltan1 compatible branch remains functional should we make major changes.

I might even volunteer to do the clean integration of pv-zoltan with the pcl plugin should you be in need of volunteers.

JB