[Paraview] PCL Plugin

Eric Younkin - NOAA Federal eric.g.younkin at noaa.gov
Mon Jul 13 13:32:39 EDT 2015

Casey,

I don't mean to take up so much of your time, but I've been reviewing the
cmake configuration and I found that there were a number of HDF5 tests that
failed (see below).  Is that significant?

*Found PythonInterp: C:/Program Files/Pydro64/python.exe (found suitable
version "2.7.3", minimum required is "2") *

*Found ZLIB:
C:/Users/eric.g.younkin/Documents/PCL_ParaView/flann-1.8.4/hdf5/lib/zlib.lib
(found version "1.2.8") *

*HDF5: SOVERSION: 8.0.2*

*HDF5: Performing Other Test STDC_HEADERS - Success*

*HDF5: Performing CXX Test OLD_HEADER_FILENAME - Failed*

*HDF5: Performing CXX Test H5_NO_NAMESPACE - Failed*

*HDF5: Performing CXX Test H5_NO_STD - Failed*

*HDF5: Performing CXX Test BOOL_NOTDEFINED - Failed*

*HDF5: Performing CXX Test NO_STATIC_CAST - Failed*

*HDF5: Checking for InitOnceExecuteOnce:*

*HDF5: Performing Test InitOnceExecuteOnce - Success*

*HDF5: Performing Other Test INLINE_TEST_inline - Failed*

*HDF5: Performing Other Test INLINE_TEST___inline__ - Failed*

*HDF5: Performing Other Test INLINE_TEST___inline - Success*

*HDF5: checking IF converting from long double to integers is accurate...
yes*

*HDF5: checking IF accurately converting from integers to long double...
yes*

*HDF5: Checking IF accurately converting unsigned long to float values...
yes*

*HDF5: Checking IF accurately roundup converting floating-point to unsigned
long long values... yes*

*HDF5: Checking IF right maximum converting floating-point to unsigned long
long values... yes*

*HDF5: Checking IF correctly converting long double to unsigned int
values... yes*

*HDF5: Checking IF overflows normally converting floating-point to integer
values... yes*

*HDF5: Checking IF correctly converting long double to (unsigned) long long
values... yes*

*HDF5: Checking IF correctly converting (unsigned) long long to long double
values... yes*

*HDF5: Checking IF alignment restrictions are strictly enforced... yes*

*HDF5: Filter ZLIB is ON*

Also, one of the errors I saw upon rebuilding:

*error C1041: cannot open program database
'c:\users\eric.g.younkin\documents\pcl_paraview\paraview-v4.3.1-source\build\plugins\sciberquesttoolkit\paraviewplugin\sciberquesttoolkit.dir\debug\vc120.pdb';
if multiple CL.EXE write to the same .PDB file, please use /FS
C:\Users\eric.g.younkin\Documents\PCL_ParaView\ParaView-v4.3.1-source\build\Plugins\SciberQuestToolKit\ParaViewPlugin\moc_pqSQFieldTracerImplementation.cpp)*

Led me to the moc_pqSQFieldTracerImplementation.cpp which had a comment at
the top stating

*"This file was generated using the moc from 5.5.0. It cannot be used with
the include files from this version of Qt. (The moc has changed too much.)"*

So I will try with Qt5.4.1 instead.

Thanks,
Eric

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 10:04 AM, Eric Younkin - NOAA Federal <
eric.g.younkin at noaa.gov> wrote:

> Casey,
>
> Thanks.  This is just building the latest vanilla Paraview from source.
>
> V/R,
> Eric
>
> On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 9:48 AM, Casey Goodlett <
> casey.goodlett at kitware.com> wrote:
>
>> Eric,
>>
>> I am not familiar with this problem.
>>
>> The code for the PCL plugin is now hosted at github here
>> https://github.com/Kitware/PCLPlugin
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 8:32 PM, Eric Younkin - NOAA Federal <
>> eric.g.younkin at noaa.gov> wrote:
>>
>>> Casey,
>>>
>>> When building Paraview 4.3.1 from source with QT5.5 in Visual Studio
>>> 2013, I get 3 failed out of 569.  I pasted in the relevant parts of the VS
>>> output log below (full log too big to attach):
>>>
>>> 567>  Generating Code...
>>> 567>     Creating library
>>> C:/Users/eric.g.younkin/Documents/PCL_ParaView/ParaView-v4.3.1-source/build/lib/Debug/MobileRemoteControl.lib
>>> and object
>>> C:/Users/eric.g.younkin/Documents/PCL_ParaView/ParaView-v4.3.1-source/build/lib/Debug/MobileRemoteControl.exp
>>> 567>  MobileRemoteControl.vcxproj ->
>>> C:\Users\eric.g.younkin\Documents\PCL_ParaView\ParaView-v4.3.1-source\build\bin\Debug\MobileRemoteControl.dll
>>> 568>C:\Program Files
>>> (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(607,5):
>>> error MSB6006: "link.exe" exited with code 1120.
>>> 568>MSVCRTD.lib(crtexew.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
>>> WinMain referenced in function __tmainCRTStartup
>>> 568>C:\Users\eric.g.younkin\Documents\PCL_ParaView\ParaView-v4.3.1-source\build\bin\Debug\paraview.exe
>>> : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
>>> 569>------ Build started: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Debug x64
>>> ------
>>> 569>  Building Custom Rule
>>> C:/Users/eric.g.younkin/Documents/PCL_ParaView/ParaView-v4.3.1-source/CMakeLists.txt
>>> 569>  CMake does not need to re-run because