[Paraview] "zoom to box not quite right"

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Sun Jul 5 09:18:41 EDT 2015

Hi Norman,

Thanks for pointing this out. I added a note to the bug tracker to the
effect of "using a 2D rectangle to specify a zoom-in region under
perspective projection is tricky". For fun, you could try turning on the
"Camera Parallel Projection" option. It is much more straightforward to map
the rectangle you have selected to camera zoom, so you should see "better"
results this way.

Cheers,
Cory

On Sun, Jul 5, 2015 at 2:15 AM, Norman Goldstein <normvcr at telus.net> wrote:

> I have noticed that "zoom to box" does not result in the zoom that the
> user has requested.
> There seems to be a tracker on this:
>
> http://www.paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=13596
>
> Other than this little thing, kudos to paraview.
>
> Thanks.

Cory Quammen
R&D Engineer
Kitware, Inc.