[Paraview] How to Tell if Apply Displacements checked and Displacement Magnitude for Exodus multi-block dataset from Programmable filter

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Thu Aug 27 10:51:54 EDT 2015

Hi Dennis,

1.       Is it possible to determine the state of Apply Displacements and
> Displacement Magnitude if I run the programmable filter directly on the
> exodus file, immediately after loading it?

Unfortunately, no. The script within the Programmable Filter does not have
access to the reader's settings (or anything else in ParaView, for that
matter).

2.      If I am further down the Pipeline Browser and I run it on a
> descendent of the exodus file, possibly with several filters between the
> original Exodus file and my programmable filter, is there still a way to
> determine the state of those 2?

Again, no.

You're best bet might be to create a macro that is essentially a ParaView
python script. In this script, you could look for the Exodus reader source
and get the value of the ApplyDisplacements property, then modify the
Programmable Filter Script text accordingly. When you import the script as
a macro, you can apply it by selecting it from the Macros menu.

HTH,
Cory

> Thanks for any help.
>

> Dennis