[Paraview] Update data after timestep is taken

Neal,Christopher R chrisneal at ufl.edu
Tue Aug 4 18:13:22 EDT 2015

Thank you Dan.

That page was very helpful. For me it looks like it was also an issue with forgetting to render/show the updated scene once it had transitioned to the newer timestep. I'm not 100% sure about the source of my issue, but with the help of that Wiki and the Paraview Trace tool I was able to get my script to work.

Best regards,

Christopher R. Neal
Graduate Student
Center for Compressible Multiphase Turbulence
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department
University of Florida
Cell: (863)-697-1958
I have a Python script that opens an ENSIGHT data file that contains cell data for several timesteps. I'd like to be able to perform an operation on one timestep and then advance to the next timetstep.  I have tried using the  GoToNext() method on the animation scene like it shows when I do a Python trace of stepping through timesteps, but that isn't working.  It looks like it just never updates the cell data to match the data for the timesteps that I'm iterating over. I only ever get data for the first timestep. I've tried to use the UpdatePipeline() method as well, but it didn't fix my issue. Does anyone have experience with iterating over timesteps and updating the data set for each timestep?

Thank you,

E-mail:  chrisneal at ufl.edu<mailto:chrisneal at ufl.edu>