[Paraview] Tensor transpose for lambda 2

Gabe Weymouth G.D.Weymouth at soton.ac.uk
Mon Aug 3 23:12:55 EDT 2015

I'm doing some fluid flow visualizations, and I'm trying to compute the
lambda_2 scalar field (which is the second eigenvalue of a tensor based on
the velocity gradient). It seems like the python calculator has NEARLY
everything I need (eigenvalue, gradient) but I also need to be able to take
the transpose of the gradient tensor to get the symmetric and
skew-symmetric parts. I can't find it anywhere in the documentation but
there must be a transpose function, right?

If not - or if I'm approaching this wrong - how else can I compute the
lambda_2 value from the velocity field?

Thanks!

*Gabe*