[Paraview] ParaView Web not opening *.h5 files

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Tue Jun 10 10:37:59 EDT 2014

Hi,

to add filters in the list if available one you will need to use an extra
argument when you run the pvpython command line.

You should use the "--filter" shown here
http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/Doc/Nightly/www/py-doc/paraview.web.pv_web_visualizer.html
with a file that has a content similar to that

[{
                        'name': 'Cone',
                        'icon': 'dataset',
                        'category': 'source'
                    },{
                        'name': 'Sphere',
                        'icon': 'dataset',
                        'category': 'source'
                    },{
                        'name': 'Wavelet',
                        'icon': 'dataset',
                        'category': 'source'
                    },{
                        'name': 'Clip',
                        'icon': 'clip',
                        'category': 'filter'
                    },{
                        'name': 'Slice',
                        'icon': 'slice',
                        'category': 'filter'
                    },{
                        'name': 'Contour',
                        'icon': 'contour',
                        'category': 'filter'
                    },{
                        'name': 'Threshold',
                        'icon': 'threshold',
                        'category': 'filter'
                    },{
                        'name': 'StreamTracer',
                        'icon': 'stream',
                        'category': 'filter'
                    },{
                        'name': 'WarpByScalar',
                        'icon': 'filter',
                        'category': 'filter'
                    }]

Regarding your file opening issue, this is more complicated.
I believe that ParaView has several reader for that file extension and
inside ParaView, you have a popup window asking you which one.
Which we don't have in pvw. You may want to create a custom reader
definition (XML file that you load at startup using --plugin ) with a
unique extension that use the proper reader for your custom file extension.

Seb