[Paraview] Paraview 3.98, Pvserver and Intel graphic HD 4600

Patrick Begou Patrick.Begou at legi.grenoble-inp.fr
Tue Jul 22 04:17:38 EDT 2014

I've setup 4 new desktops using an Intel HD graphics 4600 chipset, runing CentOS
6.5.
I'm using paraview 3.98 with Pvserver runing on a remonte cluster. Rendering is
doftware and done on the cluster.

On these hosts I've some troubles whit the color map when viewing datas.

example:
I load the datas (it is a large 3D visualisation), use "Surface" mode, add a
color legend it's OK.
Now I add a slice and click apply.
With this last command the colormap of the previous "surface" change and is no
more in agrement with the color legend.

Removing the slice doesn't restore the right view.
I've switched from kernel-2.6.32-431 to kernel-ml-3.15 no change.

This problem doesn't exist with desktops using nvidia graphics boards and the
same OS/software.
This problem doesn't exist when runing standalone paraview on the desktop (but
it is realy slow with such large datas)

I don't know if it is paraview or Intel driver related.

Any suggestion ?

Patrick

|  Equipe M.O.S.T.         |                                      |
|  Patrick BEGOU           | mailto:Patrick.Begou at grenoble-inp.fr |
|  LEGI                    |                                      |
|  BP 53 X                 | Tel 04 76 82 51 35                   |
|  38041 GRENOBLE CEDEX    | Fax 04 76 82 52 71                   |