[Paraview] Use vtkLookupTable for PV scalarbar (and rendering)

Markus Fuger markus.fuger at outlook.com
Mon Jul 21 03:35:59 EDT 2014

Hello everybody,

I am developing some Python code that uses VTK quite intensively. I as well needed to create certain color bars and lookup tables. Due to the fact that I am not intending to replace ParaView for the users completely but want to make them use the same lookup tables (which are file dependent) - I provided some script that loads the new ParaView style lookup tables (using macros and the GetLookupTableForArray command in PV)
I was now wondering if I could use my library and somehow register the created vtkLookupTable to the PVservermanager so that I can assign it to the array within the PV pipeline objects data.

I hope it is clear what I want to do - if not here in other words.
I want to "link" the vtkLookupTable to the mapper of the scalarbar and displayed dataset in ParaView.

Thanks for your help,
Markus