[Paraview] Visualizing a Cone with PVW - Connection can't be established

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Sun Jul 20 20:01:44 EDT 2014

Everything should be explained here:
http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/Doc/Nightly/www/js-doc/index.html#!/guide/ubuntu_14_04

But for that you need to have apache 2.4.6+ and make sure the launcher
configuration and apache one match.

Launcher side:

"sessionURL": "ws://YOUR_HOST_NAME_TO_REPLACE(the one used to connect
to apache)/proxy?sessionId=${id}",

"proxy_file": "/data/proxy.txt"

Apache side

RewriteMap  session-to-port  txt:/data/proxy.txt

Then when a session start you can check the content of that /data/proxy.txt
and that should one line by running session with {sessionId} localhost:yyyyy

On the other hand you forgot that line in the config of your cone app:
"ready_line" : "Starting factory"

You can check is any pvpython process is running, on which port, see if
that match in the proxy file (/data/proxy.txt) and also looking at the log
directory with the output of the pvpython process.

A common error could also be that the apache does not have the right to
read the /data/proxy.txt file or that the launcher is not able to write it.

Good luck,

Seb