[Paraview] PointSprite seg faulting in client-server mode

Favre Jean jfavre at cscs.ch
Fri Jul 4 05:52:27 EDT 2014

here is a follow-up.  I installed the latest git checkout on our Cray, and I can now do Point Sprite rendering. I tested with 8.5 billion particles on 128 GPUs.

I still see some error message, but it is not breaking and not stopping me. That error message comes from the client on my desktop.

ERROR: In /local/apps/ParaView/VTK/Common/ExecutionModel/vtkDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 710
vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0xa2518b0): Input port 0 of algorithm vtkAppendPolyData(0x9a04f90) has 0 connections but is not optional.