[Paraview] PointSprite seg faulting in client-server mode

Favre Jean jfavre at cscs.ch
Thu Jul 3 09:42:05 EDT 2014

Hi there

I am using PV4.1 on a GPU-based machine, in client-server mode (remote render threshold=0).

LIC, as another example of a GPU-enabled representation, works fine. But when I try the PointSprite plugin, I get a seg fault. I even tried a single task pvserver, and it always seg faults. my driver (server-side) is libGL.so.319.62. i have tried to turn Immediate Rendering ON/OFF.

I have also tried a second cluster. Same result.

I don't actually remember ever having done PointSprite on the remote side. Is this something which works?