[Paraview] Help with Programmable Filter

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Aug 5 14:03:14 EDT 2014

   for i in range(block.GetNumberOfCells()

>        sigma = numpy.array([ [xx[i],xy[i],xz[i]],
>                             [xy[i],yy[i],yz[i]],
>                             [xz[i],yz[i],zz[i]]
>                          ])

Missing a ":" here maybe?

Try some print debugging to see what is really happening.

Also, I recommend using an external editor and copy/pasting the code in or
execfile("yourfile.py")'ing to develop for the programmable filter. It's
QtTextWidget is a tad deficient as an IDE. :)

If not the ":" let us know and we can look further.