[Paraview] Extracting closed surfaces from an isosurface

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Fri Aug 1 20:36:09 EDT 2014

Hi Tim,

You can try the Connectivity filter to create RegionId point and cell data
arrays to each blob set of cells. From there threshold can be used to pick
out individual blobs. You may need to use the merge blocks filter first
though if you're starting from a multiblock data set. I'm not sure if this
will work in parallel since the Connectivity filter could get
algorithmically complex. If you try it in parallel, I'd be interested in
knowing if it works or not.

Regards,
Andy