[Paraview] running paraview in parallel with a batch script/MPI

Cook, Rich cook47 at llnl.gov
Tue Feb 12 20:48:19 EST 2013

Hello, ParaView genii,

I would like to run ParaView to view some data in parallel using the following script from a user as a basis.  I'm not sure how to do this right.  I've never scripted Paraview before, and am thus clueless how to make it work.  Can someone on this list tell me how Paraview scripting with MPI works or point me to a tutorial on your massive tutorial pages?  The data is very large and it would be great to decompose the data across the cluster.

Thanks!

try: paraview.simple
except: from paraview.simple import *
paraview.simple._DisableFirstRenderCameraReset()

filein = XMLPartitionedUnstructuredGridReader( FileName=['/p/lscratchd/bodart1/test_para/duct.020000.pvtu'] )

Slice1 = Slice( SliceType="Plane" )

Slice1.SliceOffsetValues = [0.0]
Slice1.SliceType.Origin = [0.0,0.0,0.0]
Slice1.SliceType.Normal = [0.0,0.0,1.0]
Slice1.SliceType = "Plane"

CleantoGrid1 = CleantoGrid()

CellDatatoPointData1 = CellDatatoPointData()

w.FileName="test_slice.vtu"
w.UpdatePipeline()

--
✐Richard Cook
✇ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory