[Paraview] Tube Filter for ExodusII-BEAM

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Mon Aug 26 19:03:37 EDT 2013

Hi Ken and Sven,

> Hmm, I'm not sure you have access to the element attribute or block
> properties within ParaView. ParaView is really optimized for reading
> results data.
>
> Dave, do you know if there is a way to get at this information from an
> Exodus file?

Here is a small patch that will get the VTK reader loading data. A vtkpython script is also attached that demonstrates it on the exEdgeFaceElem.exii test file in vtkData.

However, I leave it as an exercise to the reader to expose things in ParaView... it was hard coming up with all the little icons for different types of data arrays and now you need 3 more (edge, face, and element block attributes)! Plus you may need to add some convenience methods to the vtkExodusIIReader class to expose the different types of attributes in a way that lets ParaView map them to properties.

	David