[Paraview] extract CTH parts (UNCLASSIFIED)

Angelini, Richard C (Rick) CIV USARMY ARL (US) richard.c.angelini.civ at mail.mil
Mon Aug 26 15:38:01 EDT 2013

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I'm having an issue with the extract CTH parts filter in ParaView 4.0.1.
The dataset consists of 1024 spcth files, regular structured mesh, 14
blocks.  The issue seems to be that once I exceed X number of server
processes (it seems to be about 80 servers), I start seeing holes in the
resulting geometry.  The more I exceed the magic number of servers, the more
holes I see in the resulting part.    If I create a clip using the
volume_fraction scalar variable(s),  the geometry of the clip is correct -
that is, the underlying data seems to be there.   So, I'm thinking that the
data is being properly distributed and all of the data is accounted for, but
that there's an issue with the "extract CTH parts" filter?    Doesn't seem
likely, but stranger things have happened.

Any ideas?