[Paraview] Update time range and steps

Christian Andreas christian.andreas at ipcms.unistra.fr
Wed Apr 24 03:56:53 EDT 2013

Hello,
our group uses paraview to visualize dynamic data obtained by a
simulation program mainly used after the simulation is finished. Our
program generates for every time step a new file and updates a log file,
which are processed by the reader.
To monitor the results during a simulation run we would like to use
paraview too. For that purpose a change of TIME_STEPS() and TIME_RANGE()
would be necessary, which is - to my knowledge - only possible within
the RequestInformation function.

I wonder what is the best possibility to achieve an update of the
time_steps and time_range automatically. At the moment I have a boolean
reader-property  "refresh_time", so that after a change the apply button
can be pressed again,  but this is far away from an elegant solution. I
guess there is a better one. I would be grateful for a hint.

Regards
Christian

--
IPCMS - Department of Magnetic Objets on the NanoScale (DMONS)
23, rue du Loess

Phone : (33) 3 88 10 70 84
Fax : (33) 3 88 10 72 49