[Paraview] 3d glyphs representation

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Mar 22 16:27:41 EDT 2012

+1 for move to plugin

My understanding is that that is an unfinished feature that has
languished for several releases now. It can be much faster than the
standard cpu level vtk glyphs, because it is implemented in the GPU
space and uses instancing instead of replicated geometry memory, but
without the GUI hooks in paraview to control what is glyphed and how,
it is less than useful in my opinion.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer