[Paraview] 3d glyphs representation

Paul Edwards paul.m.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 16:19:35 EDT 2012

Hi,

Does anyone actually use the 3d glyph representation?  I would rather it
were to be removed and I actually remove it from my version.  Here are the
problems I have:

   - My datasets contain more than one vector and I cannot select which one
   to use
   - The scaling is never right and not configurable
   - Accidentally selecting it on very large datasets will take ages to
   render (or crash from memory usage)
   - My datasets are multiblock and if I extract just one unstructured grid
   in a multiblock structure it will be the default representation (and will
   take ages to actually render if it doesn't crash from memory usage)

Also, it is hardly any difference in effort to just click the glyph button
to apply the filter (where you can configure what to see)

If people do actually want this - how about releasing it as a plugin
instead?

Regards,
Paul