[Paraview] Visualization of principle stresses

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Mar 12 15:35:52 EDT 2012

Since your data consists of locally 2D elements (triangles, not gets)
you might have better luck with both LIC and streamlines if you first
apply the "Surface Vectors" filter. This constrains the vector
data such that it is always tangential to the local surface.

Also, another option for vector visualization you might try is the
Warp be Vector filter, which bends the geometry according to the local
vector field.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer