[Paraview] Text over iterations

Alexander Grayver agrayver at gfz-potsdam.de
Fri Mar 2 11:40:00 EST 2012

Utkarsh,

Thanks for response.
I'm afraid "You will need to write a new vtkTableToTextConvertor as a
plugin"  sounds a bit desperate to me since I'm not well familiar with
ParaView source code and plug-in system.
However I find this task pretty general and surprised there is no such
functionality.

Can you or somebody else in the list guide me a bit concerning plugins?

On 02.03.2012 17:31, Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
> That's an interesting problem. Try looking at the implementation of
> the vtkTimeToTextConvertor filter. You will need to write a new
> vtkTableToTextConvertor as a plugin to achieve a similar effect.
>
> When you write the XML definition for this filter., don't forget to
> add the following hint so that ParaView knows it treat it as producing
> text:
>
>   <Hints>
>         <OutputPort name="Output-0" index="0" type="text" />
>   </Hints>
>
> Look at the TimeToTextConvertorSource xml definition under
> ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Resources/sources.xml
>
> Utkarsh
>
> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 1:46 AM, Alexander Grayver
> <agrayver at gfz-potsdam.de>  wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a set of volumes named in a sequential way and loaded as a
>> time-varying data. I also have simple text file with a set of numbers
>> assigned to each of the volume (e.g. csv with just one column and number of
>> rows corresponds to the number of volumes). During animation I want text
>> with data from file be drawn over 3D view. Just like Annotate time, but
>> instead of time there should be numbers taken from file.
>> Can someone point me to the right direction?
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Alexander