[Paraview] Text over iterations

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri Mar 2 11:31:40 EST 2012

That's an interesting problem. Try looking at the implementation of
the vtkTimeToTextConvertor filter. You will need to write a new
vtkTableToTextConvertor as a plugin to achieve a similar effect.

When you write the XML definition for this filter., don't forget to
add the following hint so that ParaView knows it treat it as producing
text:

 <Hints>
       <OutputPort name="Output-0" index="0" type="text" />
 </Hints>

Look at the TimeToTextConvertorSource xml definition under
ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Resources/sources.xml

Utkarsh