[Paraview] Possible Bugs in CAVE mode??

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Tue Feb 14 09:25:48 EST 2012

Hi Stephan,

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Stephan Rogge
<Stephan.Rogge at tu-cottbus.de>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> yeah. It does help. But honestly I do have some doubts that this is the
> best
> way to provide eye separation control. Since PVX is
> used only at startup this parameter is fixed and all PV scenes running with
> that configuration have to use it. In my case I use
> different scenes with different scales (cm or m). I cannot provide one eye
> separation for all scenes.

True. We talked about it. I guess we can provide an option to override,
meaning if you have it in state file, it will be used and if not it will
fall back to pvx and finally to default. Does this sounds reasonable?

And to use one
> configuration file for each scale of scenes feels very cumbersome. In my
> opinion the state file is a better place for that
> parameter.
>
> BTW: Is it planned to modify OffCenterProjection computation to consider
> the
> eye angle?

No. Eye Angle is used for a different method for calculating projection.
But I am curious, how would you like to use eye angle?