[Paraview] XDMF file format for nested mesh

Adrian LUCA adi_luk at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 11:11:08 EDT 2012

Hello,

I have an unstructured triangular grid and inside each triangle element i have little triangles, so i'm talking about a nested mesh. To be more clear i've drew an element of my mesh:

               *

             /     \

As you can see, i have points besides the vertex of the element which are forming little triangles inside.

I was able to write a ".xmf" file to view the big triangles only (i've isolated the three vertex of all the elements and i've used a standard triangle topology) but i don't have any idea of how i can add information about the little triangles inside. I'm new to XDMF and Paraview, so please if you can give me a small example of how this can be done that will be very good.

Thank you all in advance!

Best regards,

Adrian