[Paraview] Linking error when trying to use vtkGLSL/vtkXMLShader

Sohail Shafii sohailshafii at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 00:11:43 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am currently trying to do some shader operations in a standard C++ filter.  This filter (inherits from vtkMultiBlockDataSetAlgorithm, resides in VTK/Graphics) will be used to voxelize a polygonal object (basically the result of the contour filter) and write the results to a 3D texture.

I tried to do the following:
vtkXMLShader      *xmlShader      = vtkXMLShader::New();
  vtkGLSLShader     *glslShader     = vtkGLSLShader::New();

Which results in:
  "vtkXMLShader::New()", referenced from:
      vtkRepulsiveForceFieldGenerator::RequestData(vtkInformation*, vtkInformationVector**, vtkInformationVector*)in vtkRepulsiveForceFieldGenerator.cxx.o
  "vtkGLSLShader::New()", referenced from:
      vtkRepulsiveForceFieldGenerator::RequestData(vtkInformation*, vtkInformationVector**, vtkInformationVector*)in vtkRepulsiveForceFieldGenerator.cxx.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I'm going to guess that standard filters can't use code like this, and that my filter should reside inside of the VTK/Rendering folder and follow the examples in that folder.

Thanks,
Sohail