[Paraview] Creation of new proxy vtkSMFileSeriesReaderProxy failed

Favre Jean jfavre at cscs.ch
Mon Oct 3 08:52:40 EDT 2011

Hello List

I am checking my private plugins, (compiled, and tested successfully under 3.10) under the RC2 for v3.12. Configuration, compilation show no warnings or errors. When loading manually, paraview crashes with the following message:

Plugin's signature: paraviewplugin|GNU|3.12
Plugin signature verification successful.
Now loading components from the plugin instance based on the interfaces it implements.

Warning: In /apps/eiger/src/ParaView/ParaViewCore/ServerManager/vtkSMProxyManager.cxx, line 327
vtkSMProxyManager (0xd70080): Creation of new proxy vtkSMFileSeriesReaderProxy failed (sources, GPReader).

Segmentation fault

The question is:  Has anything changed with respect to FileSeries and the xml definitions?

I use this:

 <ProxyGroup name="internal_sources">
  <SourceProxy name="PhysicsReader">
  </SourceProxy>
 </ProxyGroup>

 <ProxyGroup name="sources">
   <FileSeriesReaderProxy name="GPReader"
                          class="vtkFileSeriesReader">
      <SubProxy>
        <Proxy name="Reader"
          proxygroup="internal_sources" proxyname="PhysicsReader">
        </Proxy>
      </SubProxy>
 </ProxyGroup>

the makefile generation of RC2 actually gave me an error, but make and make install worked fine. The error was:
 CMake Error: INSTALL(EXPORT) given unknown export "IceTTargets"

can this be related? I doubt...

Thanks for any tip. I use 3.12.0-RC2-4-ge9de676