[Paraview] IceT problem

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Jun 16 15:00:43 EDT 2011

John,

Earlier this week I merged a change in ParaView that uses the latest (not yet released) version of IceT.  You have the dubious honor of reporting the first problem.

It appears that the MSVC debugger is checking to make sure variables are set before used as an argument to a function. (Cool feature.  I didn't know it did that.)  It looks like I violated that.  I am pretty sure this is benign; the state that leads to uninitialized variables should mean they won't be used in the function.  It's still bad and dangerous practice though, so thanks for pointing it out.

Attached is a patch that should fix the problem.  Please apply it to reduce.c and let me know if it resolves the problem.

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories
*** *** ***  email: kmorel at sandia.gov