[Paraview] GetPolyData on a BoxWidget

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Jun 7 08:59:16 EDT 2011

What I'd do is subclass vtkPVClipDataset (the filter paraview uses for
Clip). Make the subclass a two output-port filter (by calling
vtkAlgorithm::SetNumberOfOutputPorts(2)) and producing the polydata
matching the implicit function specified as the clipping function on
the second output port. Now you can save/visualization both the
clipped dataset as well as the clipping box. Are you familiar with
writing vtkAlgorithm subclasses?

Utkarsh