[Paraview] GetPolyData on a BoxWidget

Laurent Paul l.paul at uclouvain.be
Tue Jun 7 08:34:07 EDT 2011

Dear Users,

I usually clip meshes using the clip filter and a box, or a plane. I
would be interested in exporting the clipping box data, not the
clippedData, but the box itself. I also would like to get the thickness
of the box, eg. distance between two handles.
I know that VTK allows to do that (using the method GetPolyData), and
that it doesn't work properly (you have to triangulate the data first).
There is no option in paraview to retrieve the box.

My solution is to create a filter that do the same job as the clipper
with the additional ability to export the data and compute the distance.
But I'm not sure to be able to handle a widget inside my plugin.
Since I've never wrote a plugin for paraview, I prefer ask before!

So, is it possible?
Is there another (simpler) way around? Add a check box to the
"properties" of the clipper to GetPolyData ?
Thx,
Laurent.

--
Please consider environmental impact before printing documents