[Paraview] Plotting velocity vectors

Jaakko Laaksonen jaakko.laa at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 18:29:38 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have a CSV file which contains velocities u, v and w in different points x, y, z. One line of the file is list structured as follows:
nodenumber, x-coordinate, y-coordinate, z-coordinate, x-velocity u, y-velocity v, z-velocity w

The y-coordinate is constant and y-velocity ~= 0 so therefore the situation is practically 2D. I know how to make a plot of scalar values using the filter 'Table to points' but now I have vectors instead of scalars. How should I proceed in order to plot the vectors, as in the example picture
http://courses.cit.cornell.edu/fluent/airfoil/step6_clip_image005_0000.jpg

Another question, the velocities have the unit of m/s but I would like to have them plotted in mm/s. Is there any way to do this in Paraview or would it be easier to manipulate the CSV file itself?

BR
Jaakko