[Paraview] Qt Creator as IDE for ParaView

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Thu Jun 24 20:34:46 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 5:30 AM, Paul McIntosh <
paul.mcintosh at internetscooter.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am planning on setting up Qt Creator as my cross platform IDE for things
> like ParaView.
>
> I am wondering if anyone else has tried this and if they were successful?
>
> I have been using this for well over half a year now, on Linux with GDB as
my debugger. It works really well, and our very own Jeff Baumes had a patch
integrated to support the ParaView/VTK indentation style.

You should be able to open the CMakeLists.txt in the ParaView source
directory, choose a build directory and then run cmake. After that I often
run cmake-gui in the build directory and get everything set up the way I
want it.

On the whole it works very well, and I mainly go back to vim to edit CMake
files. I would like to add some  syntax highlighting for CMake so I don't
need to do that either. You can alter the build options and pass -j8 (or
whatever is appropriate), and change the binary to ParaView.

They also just released Qt Creator 2, and I highly recommend the upgrade.

Thanks,

Marcus
--
Marcus D. Hanwell, Ph.D.