[Paraview] What is planned about Antialiasing?

Richard GRENON richard.grenon at onera.fr
Tue Jun 22 10:38:08 EDT 2010

Hello,

On this mailing list  (AntiAliasing, Aug 2009), Pat Marion said that the
only way to get antialiasing was to recompile PV with MultiSamples
enabled, and Utkarsh Ayachit said that it should be an option in the
Settings menu.
Actually, PV 3.8.0 seems to have no Antialiasing option in the Setting
menu, and it always gives ugly "saw tooth" pictures if some object sides
are almost horizontal or almost vertical (PV 3.8.0 on Windows or Linux,
both with NVIDIA graphic card).
A workaround is to check the option "Override Application Setting" in
the NVIDIA control panel ant it gives pretty pictures. But using "Save
Screenshot" in the PV "File" menu saves an image without antialiasing! I
tried to save a PNG image and I did not see any antialiasing option.The
workaround to save a picture with antialiasing is to make a capture of
the PV window using the "Print Scrn" key on the keyboard... and to crop
the picture with some other imaging software to remove menu panels.
So what are the plans about setting antialiasing in future PV releases?

Best regards

--
 Richard GRENON
 ONERA