[Paraview] Interpolation query

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Jun 17 11:30:01 EDT 2010

Is the data point or cell aligned?

The slice view does not interpolate point centered values across cells
like the 3D view does by design. Feel free to add a feature request to
the bug tracker if you want to add a mode that allows it to do so.

If the data is cell aligned, no views will do interpolation of
values/color within a cell. In a 3D view you can use the cell data to
point data filter and then color by the point aligned array if you
want that effect, but you will see averaging effects that are probably
similar to what you see with clean to grid.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive