[Paraview] Interpolation query

Daniele Avitabile d.avitabile at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 03:01:19 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I am using Paraview 3.8.0 on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard). I load a .vtk file
with an evenly spaced 2D mesh (Structured Points) and associated scalars.

Paraview loads it correctly, but the interpolation is rather gross: in a 2D
view, I can see all the cells of my mesh. It would seem that Paraview
computes the color map in each cell and does not interpolate between cells.
As a result, I see a 2D pattern with a "grid texture" effect. I have also
tried to tick the "Interpolate Scalars" box in the Display menu, to no
avail. In the "style" submenu, the "Representation" and "Interpolation"
selectors are greyed out.

However, if I use "Clean to grid", Paraview does the interpolation, but the
image loses brightness as well.

Is there any way of using interpolation without passing via Clean to Grid?

Thanks in advance.

Daniele