[Paraview] Hierachy in ParaView : VTK Multiblock file format ?

Aurélien Marsan aurelien.marsan at ecl2009.ec-lyon.fr
Wed Jun 16 05:51:08 EDT 2010

Hi Paul,

What you want to do with MultiBlockDataSet is not yet implemented.
(show/hide some parts, like in Catia maybe ?)
I think I have read some feature request on this, but I can't find it again.

In my opinion, you should work with simple Block, that you group with the
filter "Group Datasets", when you want to do the same action for several
blocks.

As example : with a multiblock dataset, I would like to have one block with
> physical data (radiosity, daylight factor..), other blocks without physical
> data (only geometry)

----> You can do this, and build a MultiBlock with Block that didn't contain
the same data.
Paraview will only say "partial" when you will display a data that is not on
all the blocks. I don't think it will try to interpolate the quantity on the
blocks where it is not.

Regards,

Aurélien