[Paraview] Hierachy in ParaView : VTK Multiblock file format ?

paul.barrere paul.barrere at laposte.net
Tue Jun 15 10:33:12 EDT 2010

Hello,

I am a french student : I apologize for my poor English.

I use ParaView to visualize results from  a lighting software, I'm a beginner in ParaView. I would like to create a hierarchy in the dataset (to hide / show one building ; show results only on the ground and so on). How can I manage this ?

- Can I use multiblock dataset file format (.vtm .vtmb ...) ? Where can I find any documentation about these file formats ? Does I have to use VTK to create these files ?
- What is the purpose of a block ? As example : with a multiblock dataset, I would like to have one block with physical data (radiosity, daylight factor..), other blocks without physical data (only geometry) ; or display some buildings with a color etc. I want to have only one file with all this information.

Thank you for your answer,
Yours faithfully,

paul barrère
(trainee at CNRS Cerma laboratory, nantes, France)

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net