[Paraview] Problems with the Plot Over Line Filter in PV 3.8.0

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Jun 2 10:01:42 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 8:37 AM, Natalie Happenhofer <nataliehapp at hotmail.com
> wrote:

>  Hi!
>
> It seems that the Plot Over Line filter is buggy in 3.8.0 - I built
> ParaView from source and applying the Plot Over Line filter to a 2D dataset,
> I get the following error message:
>
> X Error: GLXUnsupportedPrivateRequest 156
>   Extension:    149 (Uknown extension)
>   Minor opcode: 16 (Unknown request)
>   Resource id:  0x570
>
> Apart from that, it does plot something and it seems to be correct, but the
> display resolution is really low.

I am not sure what you mean by really low. I wrote a lot of the code for the
new 2D charts in ParaView 3.8.0. Could you send me an email off list with a
screenshot demonstrating what you mean?

> Do you know what could be causing this?

The output from glxinfo and a little more information about the distro you
are using, and your graphics card/driver would help.

Thanks,

Marcus