[Paraview] Use existing texture map for 3D surface

Olumide 50295 at web.de
Mon Apr 19 23:18:04 EDT 2010

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the example. I've textured my very first sphere :)

I've taken another look at the VTK file format and I now realize that it
is possible embed extra scalar (UV) <PointData> information in a VTK/VTP
file (I'm a novice, but I'm learning).

I've got a mesh with texture coordinates, and I can modify my external
VTP file writer to embed texture coordinates in my VTP file, so that the
programmable filter extracts it. Is this the correct approach? And will
the line:

Uarray = pdi.GetPointData().GetArray('U')

in your script extract U coordinates in the file?

Regards,

- Olumide