[Paraview] PV3.8.0 RC1 LIC and VisIt plugins

Richard GRENON richard.grenon at onera.fr
Mon Apr 19 03:16:14 EDT 2010

John Patchett wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> I diagnosed a problem yesterday on both a Fedora 11 and Fedora 12 box
> with NVidia Graphics Cards where ParaView 3.8 would "go to lunch"
> connecting with  gdb we noted each time it was in an OpenGL call.
> I replaced the NVidia 195.36.15 driver with 185.18.31 and haven't had
> a problem since...
>
> Your problem sounds very similar.
>
> --John.

Hi John,

I also installed PV 3.8 on my Toshiba laptop with Vista-32 and Nvidia
Geforce 8700 M GT graphic card. I tested LIC on a full aircrtaft skin
with Euler flow vectors and LIC works fine... and very quickly! No time
to "go to lunch"! Great job!

For my office Linux workstation, I can't change the Nvidia driver
because I am not the administrator. But we have more recent Linux
workstations than mine and I will try to make some tests. Thank you for
your answer.

Richard

--
 Richard GRENON