[Paraview] Vtu file issue

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Apr 15 16:20:55 EDT 2010

ParaView has no direct mechanism to recognize those multiple variables as a time series.  The most straightforward way to do something like that would be to create a filter that reports a time series based on the variables it encounters in RequestInformation and then selects the appropriate variable (with proper name change) in RequestData.

Unless you are already developing C++ plugins, the quickest way to develop such a filter would be to use the Python programmable filter.

http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Python_Programmable_Filter

-Ken