[Paraview] forcing server to do all computations/rendering; unrelated, rendering vertices as pixels

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Mon Sep 28 05:31:41 EDT 2009

Christine Corbett Moran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two questions I am hoping someone can give me some insight on.
>
> 1. How to force the server to do all computations and rendering?
> After playing around with the ParaView server settings, I haven't yet
> been able to force the server to do all computations and rendering,
> only sending images to the client. I want to do this for testing
> purposes. Is there a way to do this easily?

under Edit->Settings->Render View->Server

set the Remote Render Threshold to 0 and the servers will do all
rendering. An easy way to check is that during interactive rendering, if
you enable "interactive Subsample Rate", you will see fat pixels
rendered. That is the image composited server-side, then sub-sampled,
and sent over to the client for display.

Jean--
Swiss National Supercomputing Center