[Paraview] forcing server to do all computations/rendering; unrelated, rendering vertices as pixels

Christine Corbett Moran corbett at physik.uzh.ch
Mon Sep 28 05:12:19 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have two questions I am hoping someone can give me some insight on.

1. How to force the server to do all computations and rendering?
After playing around with the ParaView server settings, I haven't yet
been able to force the server to do all computations and rendering,
only sending images to the client. I want to do this for testing
purposes. Is there a way to do this easily?

2.Rendering vertices as single pixels?
I am interested in displaying the vertices of my particle datasets as
a single pixel only. I currently use the vertex glyph which is more of
a small, multi-pixel square. I can approximate pixels by using a 2d
glyph with a small scale factor but this is a bit of a hack. Is there
a better way to do this I am just missing? Or what would I need to
modify?

Thanks,
Christine