[Paraview] How to render a vtk object on Paraview GUI

young_jh123 young_jh123 at qq.com
Fri Sep 11 06:01:00 EDT 2009

Thanks a lot!  I am so glad that someone pointd out what my next step to learn about Paraview.

 Actually the code I type is Python,not c++

plato = vtkPlatonicSolodSource()
plate.SetSolidType(3)

I use the Paraview Client-Server mode ,and want to do some parallel computing.The Server is Linux cluster,and The client is Windows.
I want to know if I can just use  python script on client to manager the server how to parallel computing.I means if I can use the client
python script to import MPI function ,and then let the servar do parallel jobs.I have installed the paraview enable MPI on Server.If
the client python script could not  fulfill that job.Should I write a plugin on Server use C++,and then in there I use the MPI?
Sorry for my ugly English .May you have a good day!

2009-09-11

young_jh123