[Paraview] "Syntax error found parsing header file" while compiling plugin

Sven Buijssen sven.buijssen at tu-dortmund.de
Sat Oct 31 19:19:51 EDT 2009

David,

> >     Add
> >         vtkTypeRevisionMacro(vtkICPFilter, vtkPolyDataAlgorithm);
> >     to your vtkICPFilter.h.
> >

> That did the trick. However, now that it compiles correctly, when I load
> the plugin in Paraview it has a yellow warning symbol (! in a triangle)
> and it says:
>
> Load Error, Plugin verification data mismatch in libICP.so
> undefined symbol: _ZTV12vtkICPFilter
> [...]

% nm -C libICP.so
reveals that the undefined symbol _ZTV12vtkICPFilter stems from the
following reference:
         U vtable for vtkICPFilter
http://markmail.org/message/ghz72hqqygv32lsm dealt with a similar
problem. Add

vtkCxxRevisionMacro(vtkICPFilter, "$Revision$");

to your vtkICPFilter.cxx and the code will compile and load into
ParaView. When trying to apply the filter, though, ParaView will
segfault because your XML does not correctly set the two input
connections. Nor does your constructor set the number of input ports to 2.

Out of curiosity I fixed the remaining issues. The filter plugin now
works. But I fail to see where it differs from the more general
(regarding supported data sets) "Resample with DataSet" filter. Do you
have a test case where it actually *does* make a difference?

Sven