[Paraview] Trouble making simple VTK filter plugin

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 15:31:46 EDT 2009

Hi,

I took a look at your xml, and I didn't find any problems... So I verify in
the VTK doc if you didn't misused the vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform,
that I never had to work with. Especially, I checked the input data types
(that was one of my major crashes' cause!) and I found that this filter is
not a vtkAlgorithm (in the OO sense). And I think, but ParaView developers
have to confirm this, that the ParaView proxy -that's what you described in
your XML- concept is linked to vtkAlgorithm.

If I am right, you cannot use the "Enabling VTK filters in ParaView"
wiki-way. In your case, you certainly will have to write a subclass of
vtkAlgorithm that outputs a matrix of transformation.

Sorry for not being of more helps...

Jerome